||Network Security Analyst II
||BS in a technical discipline
||2 years in Network Security
- Conduct network vulnerability assessments,
- Identify potential information assurance targets and develop protection strategies,
- Analyze system event logs, pcap files, firewall logs, and other data sources to assess activity and risk,
- Verify and document system and network security mechanisms and configuration settings, and
- Prepare for and assist with Cyber Command readiness inspections.
- Strong understanding of information assurance and risk management,
- Experience in DoD and IC information assurance policies, standards, and implementation guidance,
- Basic understanding of networking protocols and network engineering principles,
- Basic understanding of Linux and Windows operating systems,
- Experience with packet level analysis tools, and
- Experience with network vulnerability assessment tools such as eEye Retina, Splunk, and Nmap,
- Proficient in one or more scripting languages such as Perl and Python.