||Network Systems Engineer I
||BS in a technical discipline
||1 year in network engineering
- Design and build complex Layer 3 and below local and wide area networks,
- Integrate components from multiple vendors,
- Test and document configurations.
- Understanding of major switching and routing protocols,
- Experience with maintaining networks incorporating Cisco, Juniper, Microsoft Windows, and Linux devices,
- Familiar with the principles of network security and information assurance,
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, and
- Ability to work independently or within a dynamic team environment.
||Perhaps although infrequently
- Experience with testing and trouble shooting networks,
- Experience building, configuring, and maintaining workstations and servers and configuring switches and routers,
- Experience deploying and managing virtualization technologies such as VLANs, VMWare, vSphere, etc,
- Experience with deploying and maintaining network management systems, and
- Experience with console servers, power distribution units, timing servers, serial devices, and other network support systems, and other network support devices.